How Does Homee Installation Work?
eComfort Installation Powered by Homee
As any professional will tell you, HVAC equipment is only as good as the installation.
With eComfort installation powered by Homee, Florida residents don’t have to leave their comfort to chance. Now, getting your Central Forced-Air, Thermostat, or Mini Split equipment replaced couldn't be easier!
Get the peace of mind that comes with a quality, professional installation, and convenience you won't find anywhere else.
How Do I Get Started?
It's simple. Just select the products you want to purchase and if installation is available in your area, you will be able to add professional installation to your order.
Schedule an Inspection
After you complete your purchase, simply download the Homee App and follow the instructions in the confirmation email you receive from Homee.
When you're ready for a site inspection, request your pro in the app and they will arrive at your location (usually within one hour).
The purpose of the initial inspection is to:
- Verify that the equipment purchased and the installation site are a good match
- Identify if any changes are required to complete the installation
- Gather any necessary information required for the permit (per your local codes)
Each Homee job will include Equipment, Supplies, and Labor necessary to complete a “standard”, or straightforward HVAC equipment installation.
What Happens During the Inspection?
During the inspection, the service technician will confirm the following:
- New equipment is compatible with the existing location and system
- Equipment is appropriate for the application (does NOT include confirming sizing)
- Ductwork is appropriate for forced-air equipment selected
- Electrical is appropriate for equipment selected
- No other hazards or conditions exist that could prevent a successful installation
If the inspection is successful (confirming a "standard" job ), the technician will schedule an installation appointment.
If the inspection uncovers any issue that requires different or additional equipment, parts, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, etc. an additional job will need to be added through the Homee App and will be billed separately.
What Does Standard Installation Include?
Your pre-purchased equipment and installation materials will be delivered directly to you. During the initial inspection, you will select a time when your equipment will be installed.
During the installation, the technician will perform these services depending on the specific equipment.
- Install the outdoor unit with an electrical whip and mounting bracket
- Drill wall hole
- Install indoor unit, connecting cable, and drain tubing
- Connect line sets, vacuum system, and charge with refrigerant
- Test system
- Recover old refrigerant
- Replace the old equipment
- Flush/vacuum lines (as needed)
- Make plenum connections
- Adjust refrigerant per the manufacturer’s specifications
- Haul away old equipment
- Test system
- Removal and disposal of the existing thermostat
- Install thermostat (Smart, Programmable, or Basic)
- Testing of new thermostat for proper operation
- Tutorial on how to use your new thermostat
What Is NOT Included?
During the inspection and installation, the technician will not:
- Perform a load calculation
- Change the grading or landscape
- Repair or modify a roof
- Modify structure, carpentry, painting, or drywall work
- Modify or install any ductwork beyond the plenum connections
- Change/run gas or refrigerant lines (forced-air systems)
- Modify electrical wiring between the service panel and service disconnect
- Replace thermostat wiring – Many new thermostats require a C, or common, wire for operation. If your existing thermostat does not have a common wire, the technician may need to pull new wiring at an additional cost.
- Programming – The technician will set-up your thermostat and ensure it is working properly and provide instructions on how to use your new thermostat. Your technician may require an additional fee to program your thermostat.
Can I Trust the Installer?
Finding the best pros is Homee's top priority. Homee provides trusted, licensed and certified HVAC local contractors that are experienced to install your equipment. Each installer is vetted, approved, and reviewed after each job by customers just like you.
- Homee seeks out the best service providers in the area
- All contractors must pass a thorough background check and interview
- Homee does NOT sell leads to contractors
- Homee's prestigious contractor base develops lasting customer relationships
- You can see your contractor's experience level and customer ratings - all right in the Homee App!
Who is Homee?
Homee is a nationwide provider of on-demand HVAC and maintenance service solutions. Homee has partnered with eComfort to provide on-demand installation solutions to homeowners.