Free Shipping
On Items Over $200
/ No Sales Tax
Except Illinois Orders
Welcome:  Sign In | Contact Us
Call Us: (866) 554-4328

Tax Rebates for New HVAC Systems

A New HVAC System Could Earn You a Tax Credit

Product Expert

UPDATE: Tax Credit Not Renewed for 2017
Check back later for further updates. We will post new information as it becomes available.

If you're interested in updating the air conditioning system in your home, now's a great time to do it.

Certain types of high efficiency HVAC system installed in 2015 or 2016 could earn you a federal tax credit.

Select mini split air conditioners, boilers, furnaces, and water heaters are eligible as upgrades in your own home.

Installation in new construction or rental properties doesn't qualify, and the information provided here is for informational purposes only.

How the Tax Credit Works
The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act of 2015 retroactively renewed the federal tax credit for homeowners who installed qualified high efficiency, energy saving products in their primary residence between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2016.

Any qualified cooling and heating system installed in 2015 or 2016 for a primary residence is eligible for this credit, subject to IRS regulations. If you have already claimed the maximum total tax credit of $500 for purchases made in any previous year, you are ineligible for additional tax credits for any new HVAC equipment purchases.

How Much Can You Qualify For?
The tax rebates aren't the same for everything. Some HVAC updates will qualify you for a greater rebate than others.

Up to a $300 rebate on:
Eligible Split Central Air Systems
Eligible Packaged Central Air Systems
Eligible Packaged Heat Pump Units
Eligible Mini Split Heat Pumps
Eligible Mini Split A/C
Eligible Water Heaters

Up to a $150 rebate on:
Eligible Boilers
Eligible Furnaces

Note: The rebates are entirely subject to individuals' personal tax details, and are not a guaranteed rebate.

Additional Resources and References
Expires: December 31, 2016
Details: Must be an existing home & your principal residence.

Central Air Conditioning (CAC): Central air conditioning qualifications and eligibility details.

Gas, Propane, or Oil Hot Water Boiler: Gas, propane, and oil hot water boiler qualifications and eligibility details.

Gas/Propane/Oil Furnaces and Fans: Gas, propane, and oil furnace and fan qualifications and eligibility details.

Water Heaters (non-solar): Non-solar water heater qualifications and eligibility details.

Heat Pumps: Heat pump qualifications and eligibility details.

IRS Form 5695: Use this IRS form to figure and take your residential energy credits.

The tax credit information contained within this website is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for expert advice from a professional tax/financial planner or the IRS.

Sign Up
Be The Expert: Receive Weekly How-To Tips & Specials