Mitsubishi's dedication to new technology means that multi-zone mini split systems are now a year-round comfort solution for homes in freezing climates. This low ambient system uses a hyper-heating H2i MXZ-8C48NAHZ outdoor condenser to provide efficient cooling and subzero heating through four advanced MSZ-FH wall mounted indoor units. These indoor units feature Mitsubishi's i-See sensor, which automatically detects where heating or cooling is needed. Four wireless remote controllers guarantee convenient comfort by allowing you to control the temperature in individual rooms. With multiple operating modes, multiple fan speeds, and multiple airflow directions, this is a system that fits the needs of nearly any home.
Low and negative ambient temperatures don't bother the MXZ-8C48NAHZ. It is rated for 100% heating capacity at 5 degrees F and continues to provide heating in outdoor conditions as low as -13 degrees F.
Integrated Base Pan Heater
MXZ-C outdoor condensers have a factory-installed base pan heater in the drain pan. This prevents condensate from freezing and damaging the unit in frigid climates.
Precision Temperature Control Technology
This outdoor condenser is equipped with inverter technology and an electronic linear expansion valve. By adjusting compressor speed and refrigerant flow, these components match the output of the condenser to the active zones. This provides precise temperature control and incredible efficiency.
Each MSZ-FH indoor unit has an i-see Sensor 3D that monitors its zone for fluctuations in temperature. If an underserved area is detected, an MSZ-FH will temporarily adjust airflow to ensure complete comfort throughout the zone. This sensor also serves as an occupancy detector, allowing the indoor units to enter energy saving mode if no human heat signatures are detected within a zone.
Mitsubishi's hot start technology prevents cold drafts by delaying indoor unit fan operation until the heat exchanger has warmed up.
Advanced Filtration System
With three unique filters inside the MSZ-FH indoor units, the air in your zones is not only being conditioned, but it is also actively being cleaned. A catalyst-coated filter serves as the first level of defense against odors. It is backed up by a second deodorizing filter that utilizes a ceramic surface element and platinum nanoparticles to absorb any remaining smells. The final filter is an enzyme-based anti-allergy filter that captures and destroys bacteria and particulates.
Mitsubishi's Smart Set function allows you to save a cooling profile and a heating profile consisting of a temperature, a fan speed, and an airflow direction for each indoor unit. These profiles can be activated easily with a single press of the Smart Set button on the remote controller.
The powerful setting on the MSZ-FH indoor units makes it easy to get your zones to the perfect temperature quickly. When it is activated, a unit temporarily increases refrigerant flow and fan speed to provide quick comfort through rapid heating or cooling.
Econo Cool Mode
By slowly adjusting the cooling set point and swinging the horizontal vanes, an MSZ-FH mini split indoor unit can improve the efficiency of cooling operations without compromising the comfort provided.
When an indoor units run in dry mode, the coil's temperature stays just below the dew point of the return air, removing unwanted moisture. This improves your comfort and reduces the chance of mold growth and other property damage in the conditioned space.
Optimal air flow is easy to achieve with the MSZ-FH indoor units thanks to independent left and right vane control and two vane control options, standard and wide. These functions provide access to five different horizontal vane positions, five different vertical vane positions, two swing modes, and a horizontal vane auto mode. Auto mode selects the best vane position based on operating mode and the swing modes cycle through all positions for maximum coverage.
- (1) Mitsubishi MXZ-8C48NAHZ Mini Split Outdoor Condenser
- (2) Mitsubishi MSZ-FH12NA Mini Split Indoor Units
- (2) Mitsubishi MSZ-FH15NA Mini Split Indoor Units
- (4) Mitsubishi Handheld Wireless Remote Controllers
This product requires the following accessories for installation:
- Branch Box - A Mitsubishi PAC-MKA30BC or PAC-MKA50BC branch box is required to connect the refrigerant and power lines from the outdoor condenser to the indoor units.
- Line Set - This double insulated tubing transfers refrigerant efficiently between your outdoor condenser and indoor units.
- Drain Tubing - Drain tubing facilitates the reliable and effective removal of condensate from your system. It connects your indoor units to drain locations of your choosing.
- Disconnect Box & Electrical Whip Kit - The Disconnect Box & Whip Kit provides a safe and simple way to connect your outdoor condenser to your fuse box.
- Connecting Wire - This durable, insulated wire provides power to your indoor units from your outdoor condenser.
- Outdoor Condenser Plastic Pad (Optional) - This pad provides an even surface, free of debris, on which to place your outdoor condenser.
- Wall Bracket (Optional) - A simple and sturdy way to mount your outdoor condenser off of the ground.
Adding these accessories to your order will provide a complete, ready-to-install mini split system.