For over 50 years, Mitsubishi has remained at the forefront of the mini split industry thanks to their dedication to providing efficient, user-friendly comfort solutions. This is a two zone mini split system designed to give you individual control over the temperature in multiple rooms. An efficient MXZ-8C48NA outdoor condenser, built with advanced technology, is combined with quiet wall-mounted MSZ-GL indoor units and two wireless remote controllers for the perfect marriage of convenience and comfort. With multiple operating modes, multiple fan speeds, and multiple airflow directions, this is a system that fits the needs of nearly any home.
Precision Temperature Control Technology
The MXZ-8C48NA outdoor condenser is equipped with inverter technology and an electronic linear expansion valve. These components improve temperature accuracy and system efficiency through precise adjustments of both compressor speed and refrigerant flow.
Advanced Filtration System
MSZ-GL model indoor units combine a hybrid catechin deodorizing filter with an enzyme-based filter for managing allergens. The anti-allergy filter not only captures the offending particles, it also breaks them down, cleaning the air as it is conditioned.
In heating mode, Mitsubishi's hot start technology prevents cold drafts by stalling fan operation while the heat exchanger is warming up.
Mitsubishi's Smart Set function is present on all wall mounted MSZ-GL indoor units under 24,000 BTU. It allows you to save a cooling profile and a heating profile, each consisting of a temperature, a fan speed, and an airflow direction. These profiles can be activated easily with a press of the Smart Set button on the remote controller while in the relevant operating mode.
The powerful setting on the MSZ-GL24 indoor units make it easy to get your zones to the perfect temperature quickly. When it is activated, the units temporarily adjust the temperature and increases fan speed to provide rapid cooling or heating and quick comfort.
Econo Cool Mode
By slowly adjusting the cooling set point and swinging the horizontal vanes, the MSZ-GL mini split indoor units can improve the efficiency of cooling operations without compromising the comfort provided.
When the indoor unit is run in dry mode, the coil's temperature stays just below the dew point of the return air, removing unwanted moisture. This improves your comfort and reduces both mold growth and the chance of property damage in the conditioned space.
Optimal air flow is easy to achieve with the MSZ-GL24NA-U1 thanks to two vane control options, standard and wide. These functions provide access to five different horizontal vane positions, six different vertical vane positions, two swing modes, a horizontal vane auto mode, and a vertical vane wide mode. Auto mode selects the best vane position based on operating mode and the swing modes cycle through all positions for maximum coverage. When wide mode is activated, fan speed increases beyond the current setting.
- (1) Mitsubishi MXZ-8C48NA Mini Split Outdoor Condenser
- (2) Mitsubishi MSZ-GL24NA-U1 Mini Split Indoor Units
- (2) Mitsubishi Handheld Wireless Remote Controllers
This product requires the following accessories for installation:
- Line Set - This double insulated tubing transfers refrigerant efficiently between your outdoor condenser and indoor units.
- Drain Tubing - Drain tubing facilitates the reliable and effective removal of condensate from your system. It connects your indoor units to drain locations of your choosing.
- Disconnect Box & Electrical Whip Kit - The Disconnect Box & Whip Kit provides a safe and simple way to connect your outdoor condenser to your fuse box.
- Connecting Wire - This durable, insulated wire provides power to your indoor units from your outdoor condenser.
- Branch Box - A Mitsubishi branch box is required to connect the line sets from your indoor units to the outdoor condenser.
- Base Pan Heater - The base pan heater prevents ice from building up on the outdoor unit. Excessive ice build will lead to performance issues and could damage your unit.
- Outdoor Condenser Plastic Pad (Optional) - This pad provides an even surface, free of debris, on which to place your outdoor condenser.
- Wall Bracket (Optional) - A simple and sturdy way to mount your outdoor condenser off of the ground.
Adding these accessories to your order will provide a complete, ready-to-install mini split system.