For over 50 years, Mitsubishi has remained at the forefront of the mini split industry thanks to their dedication to providing efficient, user-friendly comfort solutions. Part of Mitsubishi's hyper-heating product line, the MZ-FE18NA is a packaged single zone heat pump mini split system designed to bring high-efficiency zoned comfort to homes in frigid climates. The wall mounted indoor unit, MSZ-FE18NA, boasts a functional design, and operates at volumes as low as 32 dB. Thanks to the included mounting plate, it is easy to install on nearly any wall. The outdoor condenser uses some of the most advanced technology available to modulate temperature without the energy-wasting overshoots and short-cycling associated with simpler systems. With an included wireless remote controller, this system is the perfect combination of convenience and comfort for any application in a sub-freezing environment.
Precision Temperature Control Technology
The MUZ-FE18NA outdoor condenser is equipped with inverter technology and an electronic linear expansion valve. By adjusting compressor speed and refrigerant flow, the output of the unit can be matched to the zone for precise temperature control and improved efficiency.
Low or negative ambient temperatures don't bother the MUZ-FE18NA. It is rated for 100% heating capacity at 5 degrees F and 73% at -13 degrees F.
Advanced Filtration System
The MSZ-FE18NA uses two advanced filters to clean and deodorize the air that passes through it. The deodorizing filter utilizes a ceramic surface element and platinum nanoparticles to absorb any offending smells. The second filter is an enzyme-based anti-allergy filter that captures and destroys bacteria and particulates.
Mitsubishi's hot start technology prevents cold drafts by delaying fan operation until the heat exchanger has warmed up.
The powerful setting on the MSZ-FE18NA makes it easy to get your zone to the perfect temperature quickly. When it is activated, the unit temporarily increases refrigerant flow and fan speed to provide quick comfort through rapid heating or cooling.
Econo Cool Mode
By slowly adjusting the cooling set point and swinging the horizontal vanes, the MSZ-FE18NA can improve the efficiency of cooling operations without compromising the comfort provided.
When the indoor unit is run in dry mode, the coil's temperature stays just below the dew point of the return air, removing unwanted moisture. This improves your comfort and reduces the chance of mold growth and other property damage in the conditioned space.
Optimal air flow is easy to achieve with the MSZ-FE18NA thanks to two vane control options, standard and wide. These functions provide access to five different horizontal vane positions, six different vertical vane positions, two swing modes, a horizontal vane auto mode, and a vertical vane wide mode. Auto mode selects the best vane position based on operating mode and the swing modes cycle through all positions for maximum coverage. When wide mode is activated, fan speed increases beyond the current setting.
- (1) Mitsubishi MUZ-FE18NA Mini Split Outdoor Condenser
- (1) Mitsubishi MSZ-FE18NA Mini Split Indoor Unit
- (1) Mitsubishi Handheld Wireless Remote Controller
This product requires the following accessories for installation:
- Line Set - This double insulated tubing transfers refrigerant efficiently between your outdoor condenser and indoor unit.
- Drain Tubing - Drain tubing facilitates the reliable and effective removal of condensate from your system. It connects your indoor unit to drain locations of your choosing.
- Disconnect Box & Electrical Whip Kit - The Disconnect Box & Whip Kit provides a safe and simple way to connect your outdoor condenser to your fuse box.
- Connecting Wire - This durable, insulated wire provides power to your indoor unit from your outdoor condenser.
- Outdoor Condenser Plastic Pad (Optional) - This pad provides an even surface, free of debris, on which to place your outdoor condenser.
- Wall Bracket (Optional) - The outdoor mini split wall bracket is a simple and sturdy way to mount your outdoor condenser off of the ground.
Adding these accessories to your order will provide a complete, ready-to-install mini split system. Our convenient Mini Split Installation Starter Kits include all of the required accessories listed above. Starter kits can be added to your order from the accessories tab above.
If you will be using your mini split in conditions where ambient temperatures are expected to be (1) below 32 degrees F for more than 72 continuous hours or (2) below 0 degrees F for more than 24 continuous hours, we advise the use of a drain pan heater to prevent your mini split from halting function due to icing. You can find the appropriate drain pan heater in the accessories tab above.